Since ancient times there has been a place in Valencia linked to small businesses, and in particular the sale of fish and meat. And in the site where today stands the Plaza Redonda existed in times of Muslims slaughter and carnage. But it was in 1840 with the restoration of the area, when it acquired the name by which we know today: The Plaza Redonda. In those early days the name remains one of the streets that are accessed, the Fish Street.
The Round Square is an interior square, circular, three-story houses look very homogeneous, which contributes to the railing of the balconies run.
Since its origin, the lower housing and the inner ring positions have hosted small shops dedicated to selling groceries and household items, but today they are more specialized in the sale of clothing, so some poets describe it as “Museum and Temple of yarn goods.” And in their stores you can find the best lace and embroideries of the city.
On Sundays the place is transformed into a colorful animal market, paintings and prints, music, exchange cards and other fittings.